Sunday, April 26, 2015

The Weekly Movie Watch Volume 40

This week I watched Speed Racer, Midnight in Paris.

I watch movies every week and then write down my thoughts. Read my previous reviews!
My rating is simple, Watch It, It Depends, Skip it.

Emile Hirsch in Speed Racer
Speed Racer -A blend of cartoon and live action.
Speed Racer (2008)
Watch Speed Racer
Written by: Andy Wachowski, Lana Wachowski
Directed by: Andy Wachowski & Lana Wachowski (written by), Tatsuo Yoshida (animated series)
Starring: Emile Hirsch, Matthew Fox, Christina Ricci
Rated: PG

Plot: 
Speed Racer and Racer X team up to stop corruption in the racing world.

Review:
It's definitely experimental, a cartoon brought to live action by the Wachowski siblings. Visually striking and technically complicated, if you crave story and writing, it falls flat. The story feels as complicated as a cartoon, which is not very. It's notable for the visuals, but with story ranking first for me, this almost by design, is not an involving story. While the actors include Emile Hirsch, Matt Fox, John Goodman, Cristina Ricci, and Susan Sarandon, it's a movie to watch only for novelty.
Skip it.

Read my Midnight in Paris review

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blogger Widget