Saturday, February 18, 2017

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me Movie Review

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992)
Rent Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me on Amazon Video
Written by: David Lynch & Robert Engels (written by), Mark Frost & David Lynch (television series Twin Peaks)
Directed by: David Lynch
Starring: Sheryl Lee, David Bowie, Harry Dean Stanton, Ray Wise, Kyle MacLachlan
Rated: R

My rating is simple, Watch It, It Depends, Skip it. Read my previous movie reviews!

Plot
This is a continuation of the series Twin Peaks (1990-91), following the investigation into the murder of Teresa Banks and the last days of Laura Palmer, a popular high school student in the fictional Washington town of Twin Peaks.

Verdict
While I've seen the television series, it's been a long time. This movie didn't make much sense to start and only got worse. At the half way point I didn't care about anything happening.
Skip it.

Review
While i saw the television series and remember enjoying it, that was fifteen years ago, so i had to refresh myself on the plot. I assume this movie relies heavily on the show, because I don't have a clear lead on what's happening. If I remembered the show better I might know more of what's happening, but maybe not.

It's definitely quirky, but it lacks a compelling plot. This goes into Laura Palmer's backstory, but I don't really care, and I don't think that's because I can't remember the series. This has a lot of the Lynch weirdness, and while he takes advantage of the fewer restrictions with a movie, it just feels indulgent. There's very little movie here, it's just a bunch of strange scenes. We know where this is going.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blogger Widget