Wednesday, July 5, 2017

New in Theaters for July

A lot of movies are premiering in July, but only a few of them interest me. This is why they might be worth watching... or avoiding.

WATCHING

Dunkirk (July 21, 2017)
Christopher Nolan tackles World War II with Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy starring. It's Nolan. His last three feature films were Interstellar, The Dark Knight Rises, and Inception. That's a fantastic track record, and he's proven he can do large as good as anyone. Day one.

Atomic Blonde (July 28, 2017)
The trailer is incredible. Charlize Theron is an undercover agent. This looks like it will have the polish of Kingsman and be just plain fun.

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (July 21, 2017)
Luc Besson is hit or miss but he did The Professional. That was a long time ago, and while I'm not a huge Fifth Element fan I'll watch just about anything sci-fi. Besson can do action, and this trailer looks good.

AVOIDING
The Emoji Movie (July 28, 2017)
I think I can see the bottom of the barrel. This is in essence a movie about punctuation. Come on!


War for the Planet of the Apes (July 14, 2017)
I'm impressed this franchise is still making movies. That's all I've got. I gave up on this a long time ago.

Spider-Man: Homecoming (July 7, 2017)
I don't think this will be a terrible movie. I'm sure it will be serviceable as far as Marvel movies go, but I'm just tired of the yearly appearance of Iron Man, Captain America, and the gang in whatever summer movie they're pushing as a blockbuster. Marvel has these movies scheduled for years in the future so it's just going to continue. I need a break.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blogger Widget