Friday, August 6, 2021

Cosmic Sin Movie Review

Cosmic Sin (2021)

Rent Cosmic Sin on Amazon Video (paid link)
Written by: Edward Drake & Corey Large (written by)
Directed by: Edward Drake
Starring: Frank Grillo, Bruce Willis, Brandon Thomas Lee
Rated: R
Watch the trailer

Plot
Seven rogue soldiers launch a preemptive strike against a newly discovered alien civilization in the hopes of ending an interstellar war before it starts.

Verdict
If you were to watch this, it would be a colossal waste of time. I found it difficult to follow because it's so boring you will just stop paying attention. It's a mashup of scenes from other movies, lacking a narrative to provide any kind of foundation.
Skip it.

Review
I knew this wasn't going to be a good movie, but that knowledge didn't prepare me for just how dreadful this is. I'll often mentally drift when watching a boring movie, but I'll still understand what's happening. I don't know if it's me or the movie, I'm guessing the movie, but I found this hard to follow while admittedly not paying attention. I don't pay attention to plenty of bad movies and can still follow what's going on.

Bruce Willis plays... some general... let me check... James Ford.

This starts with a lot of text to get us five hundred years into the future. Humankind has expanded into space. The split second scene that contains any visuals is underwhelming at best and is actually a clip from a scene later in the movie, providing no relevance this early in the movie.

This is a mindless aliens attack story. Aliens attack and Earth creates a team to stop them. Stuff happens, I became bored because watching this is a chore. Few movies are so uninteresting. This is little more than loosely linked scenes tacked together. The script seems to be a mashup of other sci-fi movies. The characters have no motivation. They are just objects that push the plot forward. The plot's only goal is to blast aliens.

It's one thing if I actively didn't like this movie or objected to its choices. With this movie, it's just a waste of time. I'm surprised that Bruce Willis is in this, but looking at his recent work he's been in a lot of b-movies.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blogger Widget