Sunday, May 10, 2015

The Weekly Movie Watch Volume 42

This week I watched PTU.

I watch movies every week and then write down my thoughts. Read my previous reviews!
My rating is simple, Watch It, It Depends, Skip it.

Simon Yam in PTU: Police Tactical Unit
PTU - Same uniform, same family.
PTU aka Police Tactical Unit (2003)
Watch PTU

Plot: 
An elite police unit search for a cop's gun over the course of a night. 

Review:
This feels like an 80's movie due to the style, production, and punk kid stereotypes. It's a simple plot but easily watchable, with a good ending that is true to the over the top feel. I like that half of the character names are based on physical characteristics. There are a number of opposing forces, and the movie never really explains them, at least not to the detail that a typical movie would. You get just enough exposition to know what's going on but no more. The soundtrack never seemed to fit.
It depends.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blogger Widget